Job Reference: SVA SE 1
Shift Pattern: Days
Location: Millbrook, Bedfordshire, MK45 2JQ
Special Vehicles engineer specialist vehicle conversions. These range from new versions of existing platforms, to armoured solutions and complex electronic installations. It conducts vehicle assessments and develops class-leading vehicle dynamics improvements. SV works with Vehicle Manufacturers to manage bills of materials and launch new model derivatives.
The company is based at UTAC Bedford, which provides 70km of varied test tracks, including hill routes, high-speed areas, Belgian pave and challenging off-road courses. Professional drivers and engineers perform repeatable tests on all types of vehicles in a secure and safe environment. The proving ground provides a range of test facilities from component level to vehicle platforms, enabling efficient development of new programmes.
The employees are passionate about customer service and technical excellence; they take pride in delivering exactly what their customers want. SV develops its people so that they remain at the forefront of their specialist fields.
The quality of work is reflected in the ISO 9001:2015, ISO 22301 for Business Continuity, ISO 27001 Information Security and Cyber Essentials Plus accreditations held by the company.
Reporting to: Principal Engineer – Armoured Vehicles
Engineer and design solutions covering a broad range of integration and conversion projects
Roles and Responsibilities
- Design and engineer integration solutions and automotive upgrades on a range of vehicles including passenger cars, light commercial vehicles, trucks and buses.
- Work with other engineering specialists (Electrical, electronic, software, production) to provide automotive conversion services to our clients
- Consider both technical and commercial aspects for new programmes and projects
- Support the Business Development team in new business acquisition, attending meetings where required to win new business
- Ensure product design reflects the volume and pricing of the proposed product or service
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure their adherence to and compliance with UTAC quality standards
- Ensure that the Bill of Materials are kept up to date and that discrepancies and modifications are fed back via the Engineering Change Meeting
- Ensure your compliance with the systems and procedures in place at UTAC
- Act in accordance with the behaviours of UTAC staff at all times
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering
- Automotive engineering to vehicle manufacturer quality standards
- Experienced in CAD, modelling, assemblies and technical drawings preferably in SolidWorks
- Knowledge of vehicle systems, legislative requirements and equipment supplier capabilities
- PC skills including, but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to persuade and influence at all levels
- Problem solving and innovation
- Ability to work under pressure to short deadlines
- Results orientated
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Strong team player
- Resourceful and self-sufficient
- An agent for change, establishing, driving and embracing industry best practice
- Flexibility to travel (within UK and Overseas) as and when required
- Full UK driving license
- Hold, have held it previously or being willing and capable of holding UK Defence Business Services (DBS) National Security Vetting (NSV) ‘SC’ or ‘DV’ Clearance
Working Environment: Office/Workshop
Travel Required: Travel as required within the UK and mainland Europe
To apply please email your cover letter and CV to email@example.com