Reports to: Technician Supervisor
A member of the Millbrook Special Vehicles Team, this technician role will support various programmes in the development & build of prototype vehicles as well as series production activity. Projects can vary from minor modification of OEM platforms through to significant conversion activity. More detailed projects require elements of mechanical, electrical and trim operations to be carried out. Typically stripping parts of a car to BIW, installing and modifying electrical and mechanical systems and components before rebuilding. Tasks can also include off vehicle sub assembly, chassis development as well as bespoke installations of trim and electronic systems to the vehicle interior.
Role & Responsibilities
- Conduct in vehicle electrical system modifications to a high standard
- Conduct off vehicle modifications to vehicle harnesses and electrical components
- Work to a well-defined process ensuring repeatable quality of output in a timely manner
- Aid in the diagnosis of vehicle electrical faults at component and harness/wiring level and conduct appropriate sanctioned rework to the required quality standard
- Strip, modify and build vehicles for the installation of bespoke in car electrical, mechanical and structural systems
- Assisting engineers with test and development of vehicle chassis and components to develop performance and handling
- Focus on continuous improvement - working with the engineering and production leadership teams to improve efficiency/quality during build.
- Ensure that any build sheet discrepancies are fed back appropriately to material control and production control.
- Ensure that all tools and equipment are fit for purpose, including calibration requirements.
- Be responsible for maintaining a working environment in accordance to health and safety standards.
- Act in accordance with the behaviours for Millbrook group staff at all times.
- Automotive Electronic Repair City & Guilds or equivalent
- Experience in the automotive field with prototype vehicle modification and repair required
- Experience in the modification of automotive electrics and diagnostics required
- Experience on working on EV/HEV required
- Skilled & competent vehicle electrician
- Vehicle electrical systems repair, modification & diagnostics
- Able to develop and follow procedures.
- Flexible and adaptable to new situations.
- Able to read and understand engineering drawings.
- General workshop experience
- Computer literacy required
- Desire to provide excellent service and produce best in class results.
- Team player.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Problem solving mentality, an agent for change, establishing, driving and embracing industry best practice.
- Able to work proactively within a team and provide leadership when the opportunity presents
- Flexibility to travel as and when required
- Full UK driving license
- SC clearance or ability to achieve this (UK national with residency in UK for last 5 years)
- Willing to undergo a Criminal Disclosure check
To apply, please email your cover letter and CV to email@example.com