Reports to: Technician Supervisor
A member of the Millbrook Special Vehicles Team, this technician role will support various programmes in the development & build of prototype vehicles as well as series production activity. Projects can vary from minor modification of OEM platforms through to significant conversion activity. More detailed projects require elements of mechanical, electrical and trim operations to be carried out. Typically stripping parts of a car to BIW, installing and modifying electrical and mechanical systems and components before rebuilding. Tasks can also include off vehicle sub assembly, chassis development as well as bespoke installations of trim and electronic systems to the vehicle interior.
Role & Responsibilities
- Strip, modification, and rebuild of vehicle components including vehicle trim.
- Fitting mechanical components in line with the guidance provided to the designated quality standard.
- Specific skills are required for different build stations, namely:
- Trim – full strip and re-build of vehicle interior.
- Fabrication – installation of modifications to the vehicle platform.
- Electrical – fitment of additional wiring looms and components.
- Focus on continuous improvement - working with the Technician Supervisor to improve efficiency/quality during build.
- Ensure that any build sheet discrepancies are fed back appropriately to material control and production control.
- Ensure that all tools and equipment are fit for purpose, including calibration requirements.
- Be responsible for maintaining a working environment in accordance to health and safety standards.
- The post holder will undertake other duties as required to achieve the Company’s objectives, commensurate with the grading of the post.
- Act in accordance with the behaviours for Millbrook group staff at all times.
- Industry trained with recognised motor vehicle qualifications either NVQ level 2 or City and Guilds preferred.
- Vehicle conversion or body shop experience in mechanical and/or electrical.
- Technician experience in a garage or dealership environment.
- Fabrication and electrical abilities.
- Familiarity with electric vehicles and/or Conformity of Production procedures are desirable though not essential as full training will be provided.
- Able to read and understand engineering drawings.
- Able to follow procedures.
- Manual dexterity and ability to use a wide range/variety hand tools.
- Problem solver.
- Flexible and adaptable to new situations.
- Desire to provide excellent service and produce best in class results.
- Team player.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Problem solving mentality, an agent for change, establishing, driving and embracing industry best practice.
- Able to work proactively within a team and provide leadership when the opportunity presents
- Flexibility to travel as and when required
- Full UK driving license
- SC clearance or ability to achieve this (UK national with residency in the UK for the last 5 years)
- Willing to undergo a Criminal Disclosure check
To apply, please email your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org